Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sunshine on a cloudy day... and a delivery... :)


Oh, my! It has been quite a week for me. I've had over 700 views of the Rainbow Granny Stripe pattern since I put it up, which has been a wonderful and muchly needed confidence boost for me. It has also stirred me on to get more of these ideas out of my head - the inside of which resembles an extreme hoarder's house - so, expect to see more patterns very soon. Thank you to the those first couple of people who asked me how I did the colour-way. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to write the pattern out if you hadn't asked.

As you can see from the first photo, the sun has been out this week! Yes, it was only for a day, but it was such a beautiful one, which brought with it some dramatic skies..

 
I don't think the hubby is too pleased that the sun has been out, because along with sitting on the doorstep, I have been doing this...


... when I should have been doing this...


Ah, well, what can I say? Is it my fault that the sun has suddenly become bashful and prefers to hide for most of the time these days? Is it my fault that I was given some new yarn that I had to desperately make into a poncho? I think you'll find it is not. The Law of Crochet states that when an idea takes hold of your head, then your hands must take hold of a hook and some yarn! Did I make the rules?

To be honest, there isn't much hope of me doing any housework soon, because today, this arrived...


... and when I opened it, I found this!


Lovely jubbly!! I love it when new yarn arrives!! I know already what is happening with the King Cole Rainbow 4-ply - PONCHO! - but I am still doodling and pondering what I'm going to do with the other balls, (which happen to be my first lot of Stylecraft DK Special). Whatever I end up doing, I am pretty sure that there will be a granny or two involved...

And now, because I'm looking at the photo of all the yarn, I have to go and look at it for real. Again. :)
 
 


5 comments:

Nanita said...

I knew there was going to be yarn in that bag! :D You'll love the Stylecraft Special DK. Have fun! :-) x

wendy said...

Housework can wait....well at least that is what i do lol
Stylecraft special dk is wonderfully soft. and like coming to your blog too

Flipp said...

Hehehe!! Most of the deliveries I get contain yarn! xxx

Flipp said...

To be honest, I'm not sure I can actually recall what housework is. Someone asked me about something called 'ironing' the other day, and I didn't have a clue what they were referring to! :)
xxx

Mrs. Micawber said...

The Law of Crochet - yes! I know exactly what you mean. What a lovely batch of yarn.

:)